Skip to main content

A deeper look

Sensing 


I wish I could describe in words exactly my experience of this moment. I feel I am one of the most fortunate few on the planet to be in a place that I am right now. The view I see of calm waters of Morten Bay while I am sitting on the front deck of my residence in this early morning with the cool sea breeze caressing me one could forget all worries in the world. The temperature is just right for the skin. The sky is blue but crowded with fluffy grey clouds with tell tales of rain later in the day. The scene is continuously changing but each one is sensational.

The sounds are also pleasing to the ear in general except the domination this morning by a bird’s loud call coming from the tree in front of my house. It is a bit annoying, but I am managing to maintain my peace nevertheless. At the back ground I also hear the soothing sound of the water fountain on the deck. I am sipping my raspberry and blueberry smoothie I made as usual before my breakfast. It is cooling and soothing my throat and all the way down to my stomach. My body is also cooled down by the gentle wind, and my long slow breaths carrying cool air down the through my nose cooling my lungs. 

Feeling


While there are so many cooling processes are happening, there is one place I feel like a burning sensation, that is sitting closer to my heart impulse. This burning sensation is also feel like a burden to me. Keeps coming and going from time to time for many years. Until recently it is not going away and keep burning away. It feels heavy and tight too. It is right in the middle of the chest. I used to feel like this only when I had a failure or not receiving something I eagerly expecting. Right now I have no such obvious reason for this heavy feeling.

As I was feeling my sensations in the moment, suddenly the bird calling stopped and I feel even more peaceful. Yet my heavy sensation is felt persistently.

I was trying to look further and deeper into this uncomfortable yet familiar sensation. It was trying to tell me something and I kept ignoring it. The more I ignored it, the stronger it became.

I am not sad or angry or unhappy. I don't feel that I am lacking anything I need. Yet I am deep down feeling dissatisfaction and unfulfillment.

Knowing


I felt it as an impulse of nudge that I have to complete an unfinished job. The crafting job that I have been doing all along by chipping away the layers that was covering the true image.

This deeper knowing made me see the shape of what is underneath.

I began to chip away more and more. I am pleased to see that it is taking shape.

Realising

I saw that the truth is not in the image but in the space that holds the image. The image is a concept that we hold in space. I too am a concept in the deepest level of truth which I see only when I am opened to it.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the purpose of your meditation?

Meditation is a very much confused activity with so many objectives and interpretations. The mediator must first choose why he or she chooses to meditate. Hindu and other religious meditations are for the purpose of controlling the mind and to bring it to a single point of attention with high intensity of concentration. That is not the path Buddha described. That is not the object of meditation Buddhists are meant to do. A Buddhist means a person who is exploring and investigating to understand the four noble truths, (what suffering is, cause of suffering, the path of ending all suffering and ending all suffering). Anyone grew up with other religions would also be a Buddhist, if that person seeks to understand four noble truths. Misguided Buddhists also do this concentration technique wrongly labelled with many names including anapanasathi and watching arising and ceasing, mindfulness, samadhi etc, because they have not yet come across original Buddha's teachings and not have heard

How to deal with difficult people at work

I am sure you have come across difficult people at work or any where else in your life. There was a time I was in tears when I got hurt by difficult people. Those days I thought "why everyone can't be as nice as I am, I don't speak or act like that towards them and it is not fair" I was hurt and angry and feeling miserable. I needed fairness and justice done to heal my wounds. This was many years ago. When I look back, I could see why I suffered the way I did. I still see "difficult" people now but I see them very differently now and I see suffering is optional and not inevitable. If you like the option of not suffering you have come to the right place and read on. I labelled them as difficult, because they made me uncomfortable. Others may not have seen as difficult. But there are people who will be seen as difficult by most people and they too are seen as difficult only because most people are affected by them. So, being difficult is about them or us who b

Daily Mindfulness Practice of Gratitude

We go about our daily life without appreciating little things that can give us immense satisfaction and innocent pleasures in life. We dont have to do much, but only by noticing and appreciating them we can bring peace and happiness to our lives. How about making a habit of waking up to our senses feeling happy and contented everyday. To experience true and lasting happiness and contentment we need to be in touch with pure consciouness.  When we just notice the things that our senses capture without our own interpreatation or judgment we are in touch with pure conciouness. All we need to do is to pay attention to what we see, hear, smell, taste, touch and feel without naming or shaming, blaming or praising. Just noticing them and acknowledging them as they are, we become aware of the most magical and precious gift that we all have received as a human being, that is the ability to be aware of pure consciousness that we truly are. As I wake up or any time in the day